Job Title: Dispatch Agent
Department: Customer Service
Reports To: Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- The Dispatch Agent will be primarily responsible for assisting scheduling of drivers and vehicles. Keeping track of flights and traffic patterns and planning ahead to avoid service issues and failures. Keeping the Reservations department updated with vehicle and driver availability. Duties will also include monitoring company email inbox, website, and text messaging system, assigning drivers to runs and follow up.
- Maintains and reviews current trips in the system looking for errors for next day transportation bookings.
- Assures ready access to an up-to-date route sheet for each scheduled route.
- Assures that each scheduled route is appropriately covered by utilizing available drivers
- Answers phones and logs bookings in the system
- Maintains cordial working relationships with assigned drivers.
- Checks driver’s licenses to ensure that drivers have a valid license prior to completing the assigned transportation
- Demonstrates a knowledge of roads, airports and wineries in the Northern California region.
- Ensures that drivers make early morning call ins
- Communicate with department employees when needed to respond to routine requests or emergency situations.
- Monitor dispatch software as assigned and maintain appropriate records.
- Maintain or assist in maintaining assigned files and records; receive and process information according to established guidelines and procedures.
- Communicate with outside organizations, businesses, government organizations, local police and others as appropriate.
- Maintain current knowledge of routes and locations to assure timely services and accurate information.
- Monitor traffic delays notifying drivers or possible needs to reroute current trips.
- Perform a variety of clerical support duties as assigned; type correspondence, memos and other items; compile data from clearly defined sources and prepare reports; answer telephone, route calls or messages.
- Maintain regular attendance
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- High school diploma or equivalent education & 1-2 years related job experience preferred
- Must be able to think and act clearly and calmly under all circumstances. Must possess basic math, computer, people, and leadership skills.
- Attention to detail
- Meets challenges resourcefully
- Exhibits patience and persistence in the face of obstacles
- Seeks further education and technical training
- Responds well to questions
- Gathers and analyzes data skillfully
- Adapts very well to change and inconsistency in the workplace
Please submit your application via our Online Registration.
You can also apply in person Monday-Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm at our Napa location 3210 California Blvd.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team!